Zecco was founded on July 4th, 2006 and has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco, California and operates in the Pacific time zone. Zecco offers low cost trading and advanced trading platforms and tools for its traders, including U.S. traders. Tradable instruments include currency, commodities, stocks, and indices. This company has low cost trading options with no minimums as well as low trade commissions.
Traders can reach their customer service center 24/7 with live chat, email, or by phone. The Zecco site has clutter-free pages with animations and text so that traders with all levels of experience can understand and get involved in trading. Traders can find information on forex trading, options trading, stocks trading, IRAs, and pricing information. Zecco also provides information on their management team including their previous work experience. Traders should always be aware of their country’s tax laws and trade in accordance with these laws.
Zecco dedicates a section of their site to help traders learn how to trade forex. Their site explains what forex trading is, information about who trades currencies, and information about leverages and margins. Another great asset to this site is that they offer many resources on forex trading, specifically information about technical and fundamental analyses. This site also has a glossary of terms that traders should be familiar with before they begin trading.
The forex resources that Zecco provides include links for forex charts as well as weekly and daily research on forex. Support and platform language are available in English only. Zecco is regulated by several different regulatory bodies that include U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, FINRA, Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, Securities Investor Protection Corporation, and the OCC.
Zecco Trading Platforms
Zecco offers downloadable and mobile trading platforms. These platforms are downloaded to a personal computer or to a mobile device such as a smart phone or iPad. Traders can track currency pairs, their current trades, and make any changes to their account or trades. The Zecco trading platform offers automated trading with expert advice, personalized order types and processing as well as personalized charting.
Traders will be able to take advantage of Zecco’s research and award-winning analyst tools in both platform types. Platform features include pre-determined layouts or customizable layouts, manage open positions and orders from the charts, set limits and stop loss levels, trade confirmations and alerts and major market indices ticker.
Zecco has many trading tools available for its customers to take advantage of. These tools include a Stock Screener, a ETF Screener, a Mutual Fund Screener, Quotes and Research, Options Strategy Builder, GainsKeeper, Zecco Streamer, Alerts Center, Quotestream II, Zecco Mobile and education on stocks, options, and retirement planning.
Customers can also find links to forums and blogs on all types of trading on Zecco’s website. Zecco also has state of the art security in their trading platforms. For account protection, Zecco offers protection of up to $500,000 with $250,000 for cash claims. Additional account insurance is available for amounts up to $600 million with a $2 million for cash claims.
Zecco uses advanced firewalls, encrypted cookies, and layered encryption to prevent abuse and unauthorized entry into their website. To protect personal accounts, Zecco has automatic sign-out of personal accounts when there has been a period of inactivity. Additionally, Zecco monitors all account activity and alerts its customers to any unusual changes or activity on personal accounts.
Account and Trading Information
Zecco has demo, standard, and mini accounts. A demo account allows a trader to learn forex trading without risking any money. A great asset to the demo account at Zecco is that they give you $50,000 of fake money to trade with. When customers feel comfortable with forex trading they can upgrade to a standard account.
This account has a contract size of 100,000, a max leverage of up to 2% or 50:1 and a minimum deposit of $2,500. A mini account offers smaller contract sizes of 10,000 with the same max leverage as in the standard account and a minimum deposit of $500. Zecco offers low spreads of 1-2 pips and pass on high liquidity with the smallest spread possible. A typical EUR/USD spread is 2.5 but can be as low as 2.3 with Zecco. Other currency pairs that are offered include
AUD/CHF, USD/TRY, AUD/USD, EUR/JPY, EUR/NZD, EUR/NOK, AUD/JPY EUR/ZEK, EUR/PLN, CAD/CHF, EUR/TRY, GBP/AUD, EUR/USD, EUR/CZK, GBP/CHF, GBP/CAD, AUD/NZD, GBP/NZD, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, CAD/JPY, EUR/CHF, CHF/JPY, NZD/JPY, EUR/HUF, NZD/USD, EUR/DKK, SGD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, XAG/USD, USD/CZK, XAU/USD, USD/ HKD, CHF/HUFF, USD/DKK, USD/JPY, USD/HUF, EUR/GBP,USD/MXN, USD/NOK, USD/PLN, EUR/CAD, USD/SEK, USD/SGD, EUR/AUD, USD/ZAR, AUD/CAD, and ZAR/JPY.
Traders should also educatethemselves on these terms before they begin trading:
- Guaranteed Stop Losses: Guaranteed stop losses are settings that exit trades automatically so no additional money is lost. Zecco does offer this service.
- Swap-Free Accounts: A swap is simultaneous purchase and sale of a currency pair at a particular exchange rate. Some people do not engage in this trading for personal and religious reasons so Swap-Free Accounts are for users who do not swap. These accounts attempt to overcome the disadvantage of not participating in swaps. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their Swap-Free account policy.
- Order Processing: Orders are instructions to carry out a trade at a specified time. Every company has their own policies on how they process these orders. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their Order Processing policy.
- Phone Dealing: Phone dealing is using a representative you speak to on the phone to carry out your trades on your behalf. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their Phone Dealing policy.
- No Dealing Desk Execution: This is a trading style that uses multiple providers in order to find the best ask and bid prices. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their No Dealing Desk Execution policy.
- Fixed Spread: A spread is the difference between bid and ask prices. A fixed spread is a spread that does not change due to market fluctuations. These spreads tend to be larger to account for market fluctuations which mean more expensive fees for traders. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their Fixed Spread policy.
- Hedging Capability: A hedge is a combination of positions or a single position that attempts to reduce the risk of loss. Speak to Zucco’s customer service center for information on their Hedging Capability.
- Scalping: Scalping is also known as quick trading. This type of trading involves holding a position for only a few seconds or a minute to make small profits with little risk. Speak to Zecco’s customer service center to find more information on their Scalping policy.
- Liquidity: This is the ability to make large transactions without having a large effect on the price. The higher liquidity, the less effect large transactions have on price. Speak to Zucco’s management team to find more information on Liquidity.
- Interest on Margin: Margin is the money needed to hold an open position. Some brokers will charge interest fees on margin. Speak to Zucco’s customer service team to find out more information on their Interest on Margin policy.
Areas of Activity
Zecco’s clearing firm Apex Clearing Corporation is approved and ensconced by Securities Investor Protection Corporation. It is primarily based in California and only offers speculation to people residing in Pacific Time Zone. It gets its regulatory status through membership of SIPC and FINRA. Trades are audited and transactions are firewalled. If you have grievances, you can correspond with mailing address in California. Your clearing tenure is further secured by the underwriting firm based in London. It is regulated whole-heartedly by National Financial Authority (USA) and is a significant part of Zecco Holdings. Zecco offers a variety of trading options and timely alerts.
5 comments on “Zecco Review”